Friday, October 10, 2008

Brainify.com Blog

Recently, I was part of a project team that introduced Brainify.com, an all-new academic bookmarking and social networking site at a Sauder School of Business industry tradeshow.

Apart from being an excellent learning experience, the event allowed MBA students to showcase their ingenuity to industry, colleagues, academic staff, and a variety of guests from diverse backgrounds. The turnout was fantastic, and I hope that the school will encourage this event as part of the curriculum for next year.

Our display was quite proficient; simple but "techy", we employed an iphone demonstration (no "iLightr" involved) and a live demo of our product, which will be launched soon at www.brainify.com.

We also included some great traditional marketing collateral, including small, coloured bookmarks (it's a bookmarking site =D), a double-sided flier, and three great reps that knew how to pitch like the pros.

I guess my only nervous moment was when Murray (the creator of the site and the great mind behind WebCT) visited the booth and checked out my "pitching" abilities. He was great - enthusiastic, friendly, complimentary, and encouraging - but I could not help but think of how much I must have been botching the product's features in his eyes!

Below are the images of the show. Eventually, I may also post some samples of the distribution materials we used, but then again I might hide them for selfish reasons.....

Thanks again to all those that came out and visited the tradeshow!

No comments: